Friday 27 July 2012

Community Day review from Tony Isbitt


At last I have managed to sit down. I want to say a massive thank you to all the exhibitors for your support. Believe it or not only one exhibitor failed to show. Of course the weather was a talking point but I have not had one negative comment. The emails we have received from exhibitors and visitors show it as a very successful day. We think there were at least 800 people through the gate. Not bad for a first time event.

I thought we had brilliant sound system with clear sound all around the field.

I loved the Langley Park Dancers and very impressed with the Karate demonstration.

Between the singers, bands and groups there was something for everyone.

The dog show, Theee dog showwww. What can I say. Judging by Anderson Vet. How on earth could you pick a winner out of that lot. They were all wonderful and I really enjoyed doing the commentary for that.

I have to give many thanks to the Crystal Palace FC for giving us two lovely guys who interacted brilliantly with the kids. It was good fun to watch.

But you know ladies and gentlemen, it was the atmosphere created by everyone that was the success for me. There was the added attraction of the almost buried lorry. The comedy of this particular saga was the driver was doing us a kind favour of moving the generator from the top of the field to the bottom of the field where our event was planned. After doing damage to a tree on his way down he decided to drive on the grass to avoid the tree on his return and got stuck. I think it was five hours before he was free. This was supposed to be a five minute favour.
A few of us were there until about 7.30 assisting in getting the other vehicle free.

I hope you all had a good time and it was successful for you.
Thank you all again for coming to our show.

Thank you Tony and all other organisers for all the work involved. Tony posted this on Facebook on the 16th July but I have been on holiday and only now been able to post this on the LERA site.

No comments:

Post a Comment