Tuesday 22 January 2013

Oaktree Gardens Snow Buddies


This message from Ned McWhirter shows what can be achieved if everyone clears their own stretch of footpath.

Can you please pass on our thanks to all the snow buddies of Oaktree Gardens.  Before I left for work on Monday I cleared mine and the next door neighbours steps, but imagine my surprise when I came home to see a clear strip on the paving on both sides the whole length of the street enabling safe passage.
Great job well done and I would like to let them know that it made a big difference and very much appreciated.

It is a pity that so few other people seem to have left it for the council to clear the footways.



2 comments:

  1. I saw someone who was busy clearing a trail through the snow in Oaktree, he had just reached the junction with New Street Hill. I jokingly said he should get a move on and work faster as I wanted to walk up that road to the shops ! As a "snow buddy" I had already cleared a path in front of a number of my neighbours on both sides of the road in Leamington Ave. However, he inspired me to go out today and clear a longer stretch of the compacted snow turned ice in our road, including a bit on the opposite side which in effect is the back of houses in Portland Road. Even if we have no more snow the compacted snow turned ice can still be very dangerous to walk on. Well done to all my fellow "snow buddies" for doing their bit.
    Mike, Leamington Avenue

    ReplyDelete
  2. A big thanks to all the snow buddies,who went beyond their remit,to make is safe to venture out. Well done one and all.

    ReplyDelete